APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY
This policy applies to our services, which include the services we provide on https://oliveapp.finance
or any other websites, pages, features, or content we own or operate (collectively, the “Sites”) or when you use any Olive API or third-party applications relying on such an API, and related services (collectively, the “Services”). If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not access or use the Services, Sites, or any other aspect of our business.
WHAT WE COLLECT
When you interact with our services, we may collect the following:
- Contact Information, such as your email address.
- Financial information, such as your network address, cryptocurrency wallet information, transaction history, trading data and associated fees paid.
- Transaction Information is information about the transactions you make on our services, such as the type of transaction, transaction amount, and timestamp.
- Correspondence includes your feedback, questionnaire and other survey responses, and information you provide to our support teams via our help chat.
- Online Identifiers include geolocation/tracking details, browser fingerprint, operating system, browser name and version, and/or personal IP addresses.
- Usage Data, such as user preferences and other data, collected via cookies and similar technologies.
- Information we get from others. We may get information about you from other sources as required or permitted by applicable law, including public databases. We may combine the information collected from these sources with the information we get from this Site to comply with our legal obligations and limit the use of our Services in connection with fraudulent or other illicit activities.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Providing Services and Features
- operate, maintain, customise, measure, and improve our services, and manage our business;
- create and update user accounts;
- process transactions; send information, including confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- to create de-identified or aggregated data
Safety and Security
We may use your information to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of you and our services, including to:
- protect, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
- monitor and verify identity or service access; combat spam, malware or security risks;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems;
- comply with applicable security laws and regulations.
We may use the information we collect to provide customer support, including:
- direct questions to the appropriate customer support person;
- investigate and address user concerns, and
- monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
Research and Development
We may use our collected information for testing, research, analysis, and product development to improve your experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes and develop new features and products relating to our services.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
We may verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases and public records. We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to the use of our services as otherwise allowed by applicable law or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
We may use the information we collect to market our services to you. This may include sending you communications about our services, features, promotions, surveys, news, updates, and events and managing your participation in these promotions and events. If you do not want us to send you marketing communications, please opt-out by selecting “unsubscribe” to any marketing email we sent or by contacting us at [email protected]
HOW WE SHARE & DISCLOSE INFORMATION
- With your consent: For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- To comply with our legal obligations: We may share your information: (A) to cooperate with government investigations; (B) when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena or court order, or similar legal procedure; (C) when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent harm to another person; (D) to report suspected illegal activity; or (E) to investigate violations of our user agreement or any other applicable policies.
- With service providers: We may share your information with service providers who help facilitate business and compliance operations, such as marketing and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- During a change to our business: If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, sale of some or all of our assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all of your information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or de-identified data: We may share aggregated and/or anonymised data with others for their use.
To view or update your information, contact us at[email protected]
. We store your information throughout your use of the Olive protocol and retain your information for a minimum of five years to comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Suppose you cease using the Olive protocol. In that case, we will neither use your information for any further purposes nor sell or share your information with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement, as required by law or under this policy.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against unauthorised access or disclosure. No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot guarantee that your information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure. You are responsible for all activity on the Olive protocol relating to any of your blockchain addresses and/or cryptocurrency wallets.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow the use of our services and sites by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected]
. We will take steps to delete such information, close any such accounts, and, to the extent possible, prevent the user from continuing to use our services.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We will change the last updated date above if we make any changes. We encourage you to review this policy to stay informed.
ONLINE TRACKING OPT-OUT GUIDE
Like many companies online, we use services provided by Google and other companies that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies—such as cookies and web beacons—to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, interactions with websites, and the device you use to connect to the internet. There are several ways to opt-out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarised below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide the functionality to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin and configuring them to block third-party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partner offers opt-out features that let you opt out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising — Google: https://adssettings.google.com.
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use the opt-out options set forth below to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies. Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you must opt out on every browser and device you use.
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info.
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURE FOR OUR CONSUMERS AND CUSTOMERS
- Contact details
- Trading history
- Cryptocurrency balances and wallets
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information
We must share users’ personal information to operate certain aspects of the Olive protocol and our business. Below, whether we share your personal information, the reasons we share your personal information and whether you can limit this sharing:
- We share users’ personal information for everyday business purposes, such as processing and matching your orders and responding to court orders and legal investigations. You cannot limit our sharing of this information.
- We share users’ personal information for our marketing purposes, such as offering you our products and services. You cannot limit our sharing of this information.
- We do not share users’ personal information for joint marketing with financial companies.
- We do not share users’ personal information for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
- We do not share users’ personal information for our affiliates to market to you.
- We do not share users’ personal information for nonaffiliates to market to you.
How Does Olive Protect My Personal Information?
We use security measures that comply with federal law to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How Does Olive Collect My Personal Information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you deposit crypto assets in the Olive protocol, make trades using the Olive protocol, or withdraw crypto assets from the Olive protocol. We may also collect your personal information from other companies.
Why Can’t I Limit All Sharing?
Applicable laws give you the right to limit only (1) sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes, (2) affiliates from using your information to market to you, and (3) sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you. We do not share any information with any of those parties for those reasons; thus, you may not limit information sharing.
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
As used in this Additional Disclosure section, “affiliates” refer to companies related by common ownership or control; “nonaffiliates” refer to companies not related by common ownership or control; and “joint marketing” refers to a formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy or if you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe. You may contact us at [email protected]